Sunday, June 9, 2013

Marché des Gourmands

Sometimes it's important to stop and smell the flowers.
Or the artichokes. These ones were the size of small durians.
And even if you don't try, you will smell the cheese. Oooh affiné. (Thank you here to google's strong reluctance to accept my accent égu.)
Anyway, there are a lot of good things to eat in France, and I didn't have the time or space to eat them all.
But I did eat a lot of the above. And I still am.
In France you get too into your food and start taking pictures with it.
Food and Eater photography is not yet an appreciated art.
I brought a few small things home so that Barry could also savour the saveur.
Obviously, Singapore is not so freaked-out about the importation of stinky cheese. The one on the bottom right leaked in my suitcase ever so slightly. There should be a better food word there. Oozed? Seeped? Wept?
Finally, above is the result of my 15 minute discussion with the saucissier. Boar, lean pork, and chorizo.