Monday, January 25, 2021

Jungles, Twirls, and Tiger Tails

I've been taking pictures of the jungles, both urban and, well, also urban.We had some special weekend clouds, so that helped.
You can never capture the height and breadth of the jungle, so I focused on the gnarl.
They look fantastical, but these twirly vines didn't lead me to Jack (of the beanstalk) or George (of the jungle), which is good, because neither are strong social distancers.
Similarly, a strangler fig has encompassed a bovine-sized rock.
Which reduces the risk to us, I guess.


We found more cliffs. Before this year, I was aware of zero local cliffs, now we've found 3. Next, we will look for the portal to Narnia.
Barry said "Oh look, it's a huge fish". He doesn't get out much.
This is Little Guilin. Now I just checked, and Big/Normal Sized Guilin is a mountain range. So I might have gone with Very Wee Gui, or maybe just Teeny Tiny Linny.
Please have some zen:
Speaking of not getting out much, the marketing team made some bad decisions with a surprising and poorly-placed tiger graphic. We all want to retire while we can still tiger tail, I guess.
Speaking of bovine (we were above, your attention span is just too short to remember), we're coming up to Chinese New Year, and the year of the Ox/Cow/Bovine is gender neutral. Decorations and contagion restrictions are going up, stay tuned!