Friday, January 1, 2021

Boars and Saurs!

Have a roarsome new year! We went hiking to see wild boars. Here is the best picture we got:
We saw one in the rain right behind the sign telling us not to feed them! It was worth getting wet. Some people didn't believe that we had wild boars in Singapore, even though I'm very serious about things porcine, so click away.
We moved on to see the dinosaurs. I spotted them immediately.


Well, hello little guy!
Barry has watched a movie where he learnt not to go through this door.
These two guys clearly wanted theirs spikes scratched.
Having hung out with a few children, I know that dinosaurs have all renamed themselves since we learnt about them. So here's a Smoothesaurus.
Brainlumpasaurus.
Jurassic mile, according to its website, is "Singapore’s newest and largest permanent outdoor display of life-sized dinosaurs." While I'm not aware of smaller, or older permanent outdoor displays of any-sized dinosaurs, I'd say this was a great use of space between the airport and a golf course!
Just to check, we went to an older, indoor, permanent display of life-sized dinosaurs.
It was less colourful.
Actually, the Jurassic mile is missing a pterodactyl, which I think could be the scariest dinosaur.
The natural history museum also branches out into crabs and fish.
Hello, I'm happy to see you too!