Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Thaipusam 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year, Thaipusam!
2014 is a big year for this guy, so he went with bigger puncture hooks!
The man below is indicating that one of the sharp bits smarts a little.
This man, on the otherhand, has achieved perfect zen.
Does this piercy Kavadi make me look chubby?
I prefer limes arranged in rows, myself.
Thaipusam requires a lot of support from your friends. This is a back-tug rope/train holder.
Small muppet deities lended support.
This man, I think, is not quite in the devoted, non-indulging spirit, with his cigar. And I don't know if he's noticed that his coconut's on fire.
Barry got really into taking coconut bashing pictures. As you can see, this fascinated one other man in the crowd, too.
And to close, here is the smallest milk jug devotee.