Saturday, January 5, 2019

Gilles and Barbara 2018

Our journey to the above beautiful wedding started out with trolls.
It seems that the German winter markets have themes. We went to the elfy/trolly one, and learnt that gluwein, hot mulled wine, comes in red, white, beer, cherry, and flaming rum! It's good to balance your diet with different kinds.
We practiced our selfies on the way to the wedding.
I did not practice to not cut off the bride's head, unfortunately. But she still looks radiant!
With my lesser photography skills, I captured things like "Bride's reaction to flower girl wearing basket on head".
And, "maid of honour distant happy look".
Veil-sharing.
Inside jokes.

And post-wedding drinks.
Beyond the wedding, we experienced the beautiful beach.
Barry and Tammie demonstrated how to instaglam. You're not supposed to post how much sand comes out of your bathing suit afterwards.
These were not even Barry's best wipe-outs. Also, my friends were concerned with Barry's neck stringiness.
I dedicated my toes to the wedding, with bride, groom, and ring toes.
I also did candid shots to show our wedding glee. Here is the groom, chilling.
Photographer, explaining the secrets of her trade, and why her camera is so huge.
Sun + book.
Sunset beach giant inflatable ring.
My friends' admiration at my sportiness.
Still practicing selfies. Barry keeps mansplaining where to look at the phone, and you can see here that he's clearly wrong. That, and my sunglasses tan.
Candid pensive shot. Totally not posed.
Finally mastered selfies. Although doing it this way gets you a double chin, it seems to work better.