Sunday, November 19, 2017

The land of glass creatures

We went to Otaru in Hokkaido, Japan, land of glass creatures. Here is the sky cats section.
Pigs in the bath section. Each one is slightly different, just like real pigs.
Sea creatures. Some of which inexplicably look like owls, which were in another section. I bought a glass beansprout. I haven't figured out it's use yet, but I'm pretty sure it will come in handy.
In the fish market in Hakodate, you can fish your own breakfast cuttlefish. This man splashed his girlfriend in the act, and then they ate the wiggly pieces together.
I tried on the accessories available.
This trip was also educational. This electricity pole was the first concrete one in Japan. Fascinating!
I learned that you can shade your nose to make it look narrower. My nose being narrow enough, I'm going to shade myself a few extra abs.
Barry learned that the giant asparagus face hole thing isn't well suited for selfies, and it would have been better if he'd waited for me.
The food was delicious and beautiful for fall, although Barry lost a lot of face, unfortunately, by screwing up our reservations. He will have to use the nose shading cream to recreate it.
The airport for Sapporo is not withouth its flaws.
The food poisoning menu was not available. The other menu didn't let me take away, but luckily I still found my way to the misplaced gate 68!