Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Neighbourhood, Little India

Little India is a great place to live for many reasons. On Sunday, the migrant Indian labourers get their weekly day off, so Little India gets quite crowded. This seems ok with the Indians, who are evidently quite close.
They participate in numerous activities such as talking to their loved ones at home, or buying smoked fruit:They gather in lovely neighbourhood parks such as these, where their heat tolerance is evidently quite high. While in normal circumstances a pure-male crowd this large might be alarming, here it is quite safe.
In contrast, I require cold fluids such as, perhaps, a coconut.
I recommend you do not offend the man with the knife (shown here with sugar cane grinder, another refreshing choice.)
Clearly, I am refreshed.
I'm not sure if you're supposed to, but I like to eat the young rubber coconut as well, like so.