Saturday, August 1, 2020

Flat out? Try kittens!

In Australia, they say "flat out like a lizard drinking" to mean working hard, which we saw for the first time with this giant monitor lizard. But it didn't seem that hard. Aussie slang remains confusing.
We didn't get to close to this 2m long beast.
Everyone's been looking for new things to do lately. How about urban gutter fishing?
We went and gazed upon another country. This cost me $22 in roaming fees, but if you super-zoom in, you can see a crocodile's eyes and nose.
Of course, we can't go there. There are several obstacles in the way of travel these days.
So we admired the local nature. This is a plant that grew in a tree, fell to the ground, then grew on a rock. Badass.
This week, I've been working on my red pepper mezcalita...
But Barry wouldn't let me garnish it with the perfect wildiflowerstick.
Just when we were running out of ideas, we got invited to the best place ever!
Our friends Keri and Jeroen are lucky ducky kitten fosterers!
Worries, what worries?
I can keep 3 in my lap at once. I think they all love me as much as I love them.
They are still hand-sized.