Sunday, April 15, 2018

Wat Feelings

We went ot the temples (Wats) of Chiang Mai.
The deities demonstrated how to sit modestly while sporting a loincloth.
We felt a mixture of emotions. I felt admiration for these green bejeweled guards.
We felt frustration at our inability to take a selfie with temple background. What's wrong with our arms?
I was happy about all the elephants.
Frontal elephant emerging from golden temple.
Rear golden elephant elsewhere.
And then, fear! Given the darkness, I originally thought these were live monks, sitting perfectly still and staring. I'm not ready for Madame Tussaud's.
The multi-headed monsters were less alarming.
Buddha looks much thinner while reclining.
But you have to avoid taking your wedding pictures by his feet.
Sometimes, you get disappointed that the glitter doesn't show up well in pictures.
This repeatedly gold plated Buddha is a bit more sparkly, but also gives you a loofah craving.
In fact, after a while Barry gets hangry and prickly!
I wanted to stay for Monkchat, but Barry said my topics were "wildly inapprorpriate". He opresses me like that.