Saturday, February 3, 2018

Japanese Discoveries

Now, where were we. Could you please tell me how to get to the escalator?
In Japan, I think I'm all well travelled and well-eaten, but then I discover something called meat-sushi. Who knew?
I flew on the ANA Star Wars BB-8 Plane. I thought this was going to mean special controls and flight attending robots. It was actually just the napkins, and the theme song playing repetitively before takeoff.
This Japanese discovery was even more shocking - the forward leaning (brace position) barber hair-wash sink! I couldn't get closer, but basically you put your head forward into the sink and they wash your hair (while getting shampoo in your eyes?) and then you lean way back the other way for the cut. This is not my favourite Japanese invention...
You need to stay flexible and in shape for that, maybe via a electro-stimulating sixpad!
But remember to wear your snail slime whitener! Mark got us some for Christmas because we got a bit tanned (Ed. note, this is Thai, but we just fit it in there).
And then I went back to translating. Tourists go CRAZY about Tokyo banana in airports across Asia, bringing boxes of tiny twinkies home. This may explain the wonder:
I can now distinguish giraffe from cow flavour.
This is the first and only translation that says what I thought it would, in potato kingdom.
I chipped my tooth on some torque candy.
And I leave you with a word of the day. Callosity: the beans and chips seemingly named after crunchy toe skin.