Friday, October 27, 2017

Ljubljana is pronounced Lee-ub-lee-ana, I think

In Slovenia, there are pretty castles and churches to remind you it's Europe.
After Iceland, I was relieved to be back in a civilized climate.
This is lake Bled. If it's not August, you can boat across it or hike around it. But if it's August, which is was for us, you get crowded out by German, Austrian, Italian and Dutch tourists.
So we went back to Ljubljana to enjoy the wine. They have orange wine, which, incredibly, is a secret new kind of wine tasting like no other! We were big fans.
We saw the secret Canadian society's emblem.
And the Door of Six Cardinal Heads, which I found funnier than I was supposed to. Why are only their heads 3D?
Ljubljana has great, inexpensive food.
I recommend the savoury beet ice cream with cheese.
But we didn't try what appears to be an imitation restaurant.