Saturday, August 12, 2023

Canadian Reflections

Fun fact: Canada has the most lakes of any country
Funner fact: Canada has more lakes than all of the other countries combined. Suckers.
Funnest math: to share these lakes evenly, you can have 48.5 people per lake. Not bad. Pretty private.
I got really into lake reflecty shots. Where does forest end, and water begin?
This might be a river. It had otters, but no beavers.
Then I got the best reflecty picture of all time. We had to turn around and walk along the highway to take this because I was freaking out about the boat in the sky look. (The fog enables this illusion.)
Then we went to the Yukon, which is gloriously beautiful. I had no idea. I thought it was just all northy snowy times.
Look at these waters!
This is emerald lake, which is green from marl, which is a cool way of saying calcium deposits eroded by glaciers.