Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sidra, Statues, and Koi

In Basque country, I learnt about sidra, or local (unpasteurized?) cider, which you pour like this. It's only a bit stressful.
 It is fabulous, and I would like some more, please, but Aperol spritz is good as a second choice.It may perhaps be the solution to my digestive system, which is sometimes like this.
Anyway, I had a workation, which is where you work from a hotel room, and gaze upon the outdoors. There were bible cowboys and an actual real marching band during my conference call!
I took breaks to stay on top of Asian online shopping, and it remains confusing. While the banana duck statue is tempting, the rest are confusing, and the woman is clearly not using the economical VR headset properly. She's also forgotten her shirt, so there are struggles.
Then, I tried to order a garbage can. I swear that's all that I searched for!
Quick, let's catch up on the news. In Singapore, the otters are still decimating the local outdoor ornamental fish population, but I'm more sad about the dog here. And yes, the otters eat the yummiest fishy bits, and leave the rest.
Ok, back to Europe, where buildings have the cool. This one shows how short people used to be.
Buildings get a statue for supervision
And sometimes they are grumpy
This airport hotel got really excited about adjectives, which is a great idea, since I don't actually need these things. Although, fun fact, I have an actual human friend who uses shower caps, although maybe not retro vintage? I prefer to have ultimately preeminent teeth.
Went to a church to look at the stained glass, but they had a delightful exhibit going on to cheer me up.
Kind of same as my friends, but less diverse.
This is the Guggenheim museum, which is very pretty on the outside. On the inside there is art.
It has the world's most famous spider with very small feet.