Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy Holidays from Singapore!

Happy holidays from Singapore, where the lights change for the season!
In fact, there were various thematic displays. So you know, Christmas with dinosaurs, robots, teddy bears, spaceships. I figure there's actually enough themes already, but I'm no expert.
Anyway, Mark and Alex helped us to be festive with a festive Magic Mixie.
Both entertaining and disturbing, the Mixie is apparently very popular this year (with other age groups).
This is my festive bun.
Shoes & Booze adjusted the menu accordingly.
And we ate traditional freshly-baked bunnies. Jokes, I have no idea what this place sells.
We did some Christmas shopping in the forest. We found a spot with TWO rice makers! It's not like there are rice makers all over the jungle - these are the only two I've ever seen.
We found a great brain mushroom, which, once again I believe to be new to science (or, less likely, my online mycology skills still fail to advance). I shall call it the Dolly Partenus in honour of Mark.
We went past the phone wire trippers,
Through the fiddlehead pricklers,
And climbed one of Singapore's hills. I tried to show Barry for perspective, but that's tricky jungleside.
Proof we climbed? There was a nice view through the trees.
I shopped leaf fashion. I still think I could do something cooler with these leaf giants.
Oh, and we did some eating! Got a corn craving? Nixta has the best tortillas I've ever had, made with crunchy smoked corn.
Wanna eat fancy stuff? We can't resist taking pictures. I'm not at all sure what the purpose of these pictures is, though.
Above is a really pretty thing that we ate. Below, Barry trying to get the right picture for his, well, phone storage.
Feel like fancy Singaporean? We recently discovered Ibid, whose chef won Master Chef Asia, and we felt shame that we didn't know about it earlier!