Sunday, October 9, 2022

Prickly Crayfish and Pears; Greenish and Pinkish water

We visited my parents in France, and Barry took the perhaps the best picture ever of the 3 of us. Too bad I didn't wear more fashions.
I also took some great ones.
This is the view from their rooftop terrace, to help you remember where you are.
They took us to a nearby ghost town, knowing our love us such things.
They were surprised at our fascination with the locally invasive crayfish.
Why so angry, crayfish?
There are many pretty old things, like this walled town.
Even older dinosaur footprints!
Local greenish water near the old moulin.Local pinkish water, where I learnt that fleur de sel is actually made from the crust of the sea. Fun fact: rather than to flavour food, it was traditionally used as a purgative!
You can hike up to some castle ruins. I was tempted to dig around for artifacts, but informed that we didn't have enough time.
Barry failed at his goal to feed the local donkey, because that was not allowed.
And I was curious about the abundant local prickly pear.
Too curious, in fact.