Friday, June 4, 2021

Kranji Car Butts

Way up north near the Kranji marshes, where the crocodiles live,
And the Eichhornia crassipes, or common water hyacinth, invades and is battled with scooper boats,
There are many interesting things, guarded by fish-riders bringing gold.
This is the land of recycling. I was entertained for surprisingly long trying to say "Wah & Hua Resource Recovery Recycling Hub" clearly, and my English is quite acceptable.
We were briefly enthralled by giant piles of metal and rebar. This neighbourhood also houses many migrant workers dorms, like behind this banana tree.
Their local food places, when open, smell amazing, but I found a sign that their food may not be suitable for my exercise levels.
There are many intriguing sites in this neighbourhood.
But what we came for was this ordinary-looking car shop.
Here, you can buy many types of car: BMW, Jag, VW...But actually, no.
They're all car butts! I got my eyes on this Porsche butt, and am thinking of welding it onto a different car front, but this shop was only rear fractions. So I had to settle on a rusty axel and lion sculpture instead.
Turns out, it's surprisingly difficult to lean over a fence and take pictures of car buts while avoiding scrutiny. Many of my photos looked like, horrors, fully intact vehicles!
They don't seem to sell like hotcakes, and some had trees growing around them, but that can happen quickly here.
So if you get rear-ended, need a car butt, or just want something different to do, check out Kranji!