Sunday, May 2, 2021

Feed your Boredom with Shawarma

Singapore. 20x40km. 456 days. My favourite place. We have been privileged, with almost zero "community" (i.e. not imported and quarantined) cases for months, but have had a new local cluster emerging this week. Oh my gosh, there's a gecko!
She turned around!
What are we up to now? Well, since we can't go to shawarma, a Canadian-Lebanese cultural food, we brought shawarma to us. Yes, Barry hand-stacked marinated chicken on this giant kitchen heat-machine.

Don't even try to tell me this isn't Canadian food.
Barry likes to accompany shawarma with magic tricks. This strikes Ami with severe agitation and skepticism, as you can see.
We got to babysit Moose, who is very mature now.
We were able to do the before and after pictures, although it doesn't exactly capture the colour change.
We're still working on innovative things to do.
This mask wasn't as fun or as creepy as I'd hoped.
Of course, we're continuing to overeat. This is a Korean burger, which I ate after a long hike. It was dreamy.
Time to get a bit more creative in the kitchen. And by kitchen, I mean bar. These are tamarinds, not crustaceans.
These are snake fruit. They're not for the bar, but I love their gonadalserpine look.
Finally, we've done some concreting, do you like my lamp?