Thursday, December 25, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Tired of the cold? Planning your vacations for 2009? This is a good time to consider visiting Singapore, and here are the top ten reasons why:
10. Fabulous guest quarters, including a balcony off of the bathroom for drip-drying, and luxurious spa treatments.
9. Exploring different religions, all within walking distance of our home.
8. Fabulous views day and night from our 18th story apartment. 7. Exotic local wildlife. 6. Relaxing by our pool by night.
5. Traveling to exotic, yet conveniently nearby locations.
4. Relaxing by our pool by day in the sunshine, under the palm trees. (Including the kids' pool)
3. Fabulous food of all flavours at low prices.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
This entry is dedicated to my journalist friend Anu, and her work on green roooves. Though I'm less talented, I still think green rooves are good, so I decided to show you some around here. Singapore is a surprisingly green city, with huge trees and parks. With its rain and humidity, any minor crack or decay in a building can yield vegetation. Even trees. Here are some examples.